VMware Horizon Community
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5.1 local mode - internal error

Gents,

I'm having trouble getting local mode working. When checking out, I get to about 80% of disk transfer, then it stops with "Internal error". Logs attached from client and transfer server.

Transfer server and vm's are on same data store. Transfer repo is on network share. All seems green to me.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lloporock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

The transfer server requieres a LSI LOGIC PARALLEL as SCSI controller. This is a important requirement for local mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I see that my Transfer server uses "LSI Logic SAS" SCSI controller - could that be the problem?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't think  controller type matters anymore with 5.1.   You said the transfer server can see the same datastores as the local machines but you didn't mention if it was hosted on the same vCenter which is also a requirement.

0 Kudos
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, its on the same vcenter and same data store as the vm's

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What hardware version do you have on the deskop?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its on vsphere 5, so its 8

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Local mode needs to be HW version 7. 

Actually I take that back,  I found a reference that in 5.1 local mode supports HW version 8.    Still can you try a HW version 7 machine and see if it works?

http://www.thatsmyview.net/2012/05/17/general-availability-of-the-new-view-clients-for-5-1-including...

Message was edited by: mittim12

0 Kudos
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok i see.. Is this covered anywhere in admin or installation guide? Or just another assumption to be made?

0 Kudos
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you try it with HW7 to see if you had the same result?     Are all of the components involved at the 5.1 level including agent and client?

0 Kudos
lloporock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

The transfer server requieres a LSI LOGIC PARALLEL as SCSI controller. This is a important requirement for local mode.

0 Kudos
henrikmc2011
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos