VMware Horizon Community
trandolph
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.1 design - placement of Composer and Event databases

Working on a new install of View 5.1, and have a couple of design questions:

A) - View Composer - are there any sizing guidelines for when it is appropriate to place the Composer service on the vCenter server versus when it should be on its own VM?  The vCenter databse uses the bundled SQLExpress database, but we're small - two hosts and no more than 50 virtual desktops for the next 12-24 months.
B) - Events database - I'd rather not set up an additional SQL instance, but am not finding any info on what kind of size the events database can get to.  My preference would be to put this on the SQL instance with the vCenter server, but I have space concerns (is the 10GB limit for SQL Express per instance or per database?), especially given the previous question about placing the Composer database with the vCenter ...
These both revolve around sizing - perhaps I should keep vCenter and Composer databases separate, in which case the question is with which database would the Events database be best placed with.
Thanks!
Thom
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I haven't seen any documentation that gives an exact number but in my experience View Composer database typically stays small,especially with only 50 clients,   while the Events database can grow to be large over time.

0 Kudos