VMware Horizon Community
futuresteel
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.1 and vCenter 5.1 SSL problems

I've had this issue resolved, but now it's back. 

In view5 my vcenter server is showing up RED.  I'm sure my SSl certificate was configued properly before because it was GREEN until today.  When i hit verify, it tell me the "the servers identity was verified successfully."   What else am i missing?

12-19-2012 1-43-25 PM.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Are you using custom certificate singed by CA for vCenter server ?

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
futuresteel
Contributor
Contributor

Nope.  I believe i installed it with the default SSL certificate.  It was working a day ago with the default certificate.

12-19-2012 4-59-24 PM.png

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

As vCenter server has default certificate,  you have to verify and accept the thumbprint , there is doc for it

http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.view.upgrade.doc%2FGUID-72922316-653D-4...

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Please add vCenter in View Manager with vCenter FQDN.

As its a default certificate you should also accept the thumbprint.

Regards

-nObLe
0 Kudos
pmarchiori
Contributor
Contributor

Hi futuresteel, I have the same issue (after a VC 5.1 reinstallation suggested by VMware supporto to solve another issue) and I'm getting crazy. Even tried adding the VC cert to the connection broker's trusted root store in computer's account, no way.

How did you get out of this?

0 Kudos
MilesChatterji
Contributor
Contributor

I too, have the same problem only in View 5.3 If any one has had success resolving the issue, it would be a great help. I have contacted support but have yet to get any assistance from them.

-Miles

0 Kudos
pmarchiori
Contributor
Contributor

We ended up reinstalling vCenter and ViewComposer - and subsequenty having to work manually on the View Connection Service LDAP database to restore the correct certificate thumbprint...

0 Kudos