VMware Horizon Community
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5.1 Upgrade question SSL certs

So I've heard that SSL stuff in 5.1 is different than previous versions and in reading through the upgrade guide I think I'll be ok like I am currently however it's always nice to get confirmation :smileylaugh:  Currently we're running 5.0 across all pieces of our view environment, we have a Secure Gateway server in our DMZ  for external access and the primary connection server on the inside of our LAN.  Both servers are using a CA signed SSL cert (wildcard) and both servers resolve to the same DNS name (on the outside using public DNS records on the inside using internal DNS records).  So for instance on an iPad the connection server is setup as view.mydomain.com with that DNS name resolving to our external public IP address that points to the secure gateway in the DMZ.  On the inside I have a DNS entry that points "view" to then inside connection server.  Everything works well and we don't get the SSL certificate prompts.  My question is that as I understand it during the upgrade View should import the existing certificates as they are without my intervention, see below:

NOTE:   If your original View servers already have SSL certificates signed by a CA, during the upgrade,
View imports your existing CA-signed certificate into the Windows Server certificate store.
So with that in mind am I ok to proceed with the upgrade as I normally would or do I need to setup an internal CA authority etc?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think your ok to proceed but I would go ahead and have the installation guide ready in case you run into any problems.    Just saw a blog post by Jason Boche go up on his experience upgrading his lab.

http://www.boche.net/blog/index.php/2012/08/08/view-5-1-upgrade-experience-composer-permissions-and-...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think your ok to proceed but I would go ahead and have the installation guide ready in case you run into any problems.    Just saw a blog post by Jason Boche go up on his experience upgrading his lab.

http://www.boche.net/blog/index.php/2012/08/08/view-5-1-upgrade-experience-composer-permissions-and-...

0 Kudos
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Woops, I would have missed the vCenter server SSL certificate, gotta work on that now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos