VMware Horizon Community
louiedaphish
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.0, Windows 7, Internet Explorer can't use Flash

I have encountered a problem with Internet Explorer 9 on some Windows 7 vDesktops. The environment is a vSphere 5.0 envrionment and we are using View 5.0.

Whenever flash is enabled, Internet Explorer will hang whenever it tries to load a web page. However, with flash disabled IE runs just fine. The main problem with this is that the environment in which these desktops are being used flash is necessary for a specific website and the site is only compatible with IE so using Firefox or Chrome is not an option.

Has anyone run into this particular issue?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

What do you have your Adobe Flash Settings set at under your pool settings?

Also are you using PCoIP?  View Client, Zero Client, both?

I'm assuming you've tried a different version of flash or tried reinstalling it already.

0 Kudos
louiedaphish
Contributor
Contributor

nzorn wrote:

What do you have your Adobe Flash Settings set at under your pool settings?

Also are you using PCoIP?  View Client, Zero Client, both?

I'm assuming you've tried a different version of flash or tried reinstalling it already.

I will have to check the Flash Settings on the pool

PCoIP is not being used. No zero clients. Basically, the business has repurposed it's existing hardware and the View Client is being used to log in to the vDesktops.

We did try a different version of flash and tried reinstalling it which did not solve the problem.

Doing some research today I ran across this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/internet-explorer/help/adobe-flash-not-working

I am going to double check the items listed on that page to verify that the problem doesn't stem from 64-bit IE or the Active-X filter. I will let you know.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Why aren't you using PCoIP?  It's a night/day difference over RDP.  I would not enjoy watching a flash video over RDP.

0 Kudos
louiedaphish
Contributor
Contributor

Pradon my mistake, PCoIP is being used via the View Client software. There are just no devices rocking a Teradici chip. You're right, flash over RDP is no fun at all. :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Just check this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4905241 , Even I have seen this isue before.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
theniz
Contributor
Contributor

Disable the VMware Adobe Flash Optimzer within IE. It may be there to regulate Flash traffic, but in my experience it causes IE to perform poorly. I ended up disabling the plugin for my View environment and disabling GPU rendering within IE9 through GPO. Once I did this, IE9 performed much better and the virtual desktops will not really act any different.

0 Kudos