VMware Horizon Community
marcbunyan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5.0 - SCOM Management Pack fail?

view5_scom.JPG Hi,

I've imported the SCOM management packs included on the View5 install media - but noticed that after waiting a while for the scans to take place - nothing was appearing in any of the listed sections for vmware view.

Please see attached screenshot - Am I correct in thinking that the bundled management packs are for an old version of view? - I've read a previous post that mentions there is an upgraded pack for 4.6, this however is lower than the version on the media - but still fails to parse any of the current view v5 infrastructure.

We have a flat network with no firewall rules from the SCOM server to the view enviroment - is there something else I'm missing?

Any ideas would be helpfull!

cheers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Eventhough it shows the version as 4.5, it should work fine.

View Management packs will be available in c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\ManagementPacks on the Connection Server.

Import the Management Packs and Install. Discover the Server(s). Right click on the discovered server and check "Allow this agent to act as proxy....." and say OK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
amandasmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the following information http://www.vmware.com/pdf/view45_integration_guide.pdf

Hope this information helps you.

0 Kudos
marcbunyan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply - but i mentioned that ive unfortunately found this to be a dead end as the bundled packs are newer in version; but still do not appear to support version 5.

0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Eventhough it shows the version as 4.5, it should work fine.

View Management packs will be available in c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\ManagementPacks on the Connection Server.

Import the Management Packs and Install. Discover the Server(s). Right click on the discovered server and check "Allow this agent to act as proxy....." and say OK.

0 Kudos