VMware Horizon Community
TristanEdwards
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.0. Domain Filtering

Hi

On a mutli tenant environment where there are several trusted domains on the View server, how do you exclude all domains from the client logon drop down box apart from the local domain required for the user. The goal is for users to be unable to view other domains than their own. I have tried the Domain Filtering commands but they seem to simply just remove or add Domains all together.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The domain filtering is run on the connection broker and then applied when the client connects to that particular connection broker, correct?       If so what about having a particular connection broker for a set of domains? 

0 Kudos
TristanEdwards
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. However, that is exactly what is set up. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. With a 'Broker' that is utilised for several Domains, I want the clients who log on from any one of those Domains to only be able to view their particular Domain that their user account resides upon from the View client log on drop down box.

Am I missing something?

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I don't have experience with that many domains but I'm have seen that kind of granularity mentioned before.   Perhaps you could script it with some of the command line options?  

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It is not working like you want to do it. You can reduce the domains, but a view manager will always show all domains you leave in the cofiguration. If you want to have only one domain showing up, you need to have one view server showing one domain. how should the view manager know which user connects before the user authenticates?

To reduce the list of domains use this command:

vdmadmin -N -domains [-s server] {-include | -exclude | -search}   {-add | -remove | -removeall} [-domain domain] ; Set broker domain configuration
                                        ; (exclude takes precedence)

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

If you have more than one connection server, configuring domain filtering along with tag's will help to group users and domains to different CS.

If there is only one CS then Domain filtering is not going to help.

Regards

-nObLe
0 Kudos
orthohin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well you can configure active directory with user group for accessing the domain.You have to give permission which domain can access which group/users.

Regards,
Milton

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window
0 Kudos
XpertTech2010
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem, Have you been able to come up with a solution. As we have 8 Clients that we hsot there entire network from desktop and servers. The Big problem is we are getting more and more clients that want the solution and all our clients can see all of our other clients in the domain list at the view login. Would we have to have a seperate connection manager for each client?  The way we have it setup is we have one connection manager and we trust our clients domains to ours.

0 Kudos