VMware Horizon Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View 4 and Windows XP VM

Hi All, I am in the process of coming out of BETA testing and setting up in a live environment of VSphere 4. As I am about to recreate the XP VM image from scratch I am just wondering what most people are using for the HDD driver file for WIndows XP. Is it Bus Logic or LSI? Also, what verision of the file and where to get it from and any pro's or con's per choice.

Thanks for any tips.

Tags (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The LSI Logic is the best choice, at one of my customers we saw a 30% difference in throughput compared to the Buslogic one.

Look at this KB-articel to get the right one:

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The LSI Logic is the best choice, at one of my customers we saw a 30% difference in throughput compared to the Buslogic one.

Look at this KB-articel to get the right one:

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This deployment guide might provide some additional insight too.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vdi-xp-guide.pdf

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I will give the LSI a go and benchmark it against the buslogic. I have downloaded it.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I am currently reading that and just found that it seems to concentrate on the buslogic more.

0 Kudos