VMware Horizon Community
mammer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 4 - The operation is not supported on the object.

Just upgraded to View 4 and I've been frequently getting the error "The operation is not supported on the object." when recomposing or when persistent VM's are rebuilding.

As workaround I've discovered that disconnecting and reconnecting the ESX server from the virtual center fixes the problem for a while, but it does return.

Anyone seen this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjohnston
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How many ESX servers are in your cluster? Have you disconnected / reconnected them all?

Can you look in the View Composer Server log for errors?

0 Kudos
mammer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We only have 1 ESX server at the moment (we're piloting)

Found the following in the View Composer support log:

2009-11-26 10:48:59,192 | 3 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

VMware.Sim.CommonLib.Exception.SimVcConnectionException: Error in the application.

at VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.RetrieveProperties(PropertyFilterSpec[] specs)

at VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.<>c__DisplayClass3e.<GetObjectProperties>b__3d()

at VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.VcMethod`1.Invoke()

at VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.VcExceptionHandler`1.Invoke(), Machine Name: VCENTRE-VIEW, Timestamp: 11/26/2009 3:48:59 PM, App Domain Name: SviWebService.exe, Thread Identity: , Windows Identity: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2, detail information: VC session timed-out during RetrieveProperties call, Configuration ID: 9cd9ba1a-e74c-48b2-8f97-ff0cc1d0460e

0 Kudos
mammer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Alright.. I think the problem has been resolved with a VCenter reboot...

0 Kudos