VMware Horizon Community
James_Moots
Contributor
Contributor

View 4 Portal + Terminal Server Pool = no login success to the terminal server

I've built a 2008 R2 Terminal Server. I have View 4 set up and running and I've added this Terminal Server to View by installing the View Agent. Everything is working very well except when I log in to the View Portal and click to connect on my Terminal Services Desktop Pool it connects to the Terminal Server but tells me my password is incorrect. I can click ok and then enter my password. Shouldn't it be passing my credentials that I used to log in to the portal on through to the terminal server? It does this with regular desktops.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Is it on the same domain?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
James_Moots
Contributor
Contributor

The Connection Server and the Terminal Server are in the same Domain. The computer I was using the View Portal on is not in the same Domain.

0 Kudos
James_Moots
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update. It doesn't work from the View Client either. I give the view client my credentials but when I try to connect to the TS Desktop pool it tells me that the password is incorrect. I can then enter my password and it will log me in to the terminal server.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look in the Securitylog in eventviewer, that should tell you what account it tries to logon with and what the error is.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
James_Moots
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think I'm including anything incriminating here Smiley Happy

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: MSTS2$

Account Domain: MEVSD

Logon ID: 0x3e7

Logon Type: 10

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name: jfmoots

Account Domain: MEVSD

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0xd48

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: MSTS2

Source Network Address: 10.69.1.91

Source Port: 2399

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: User32

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

0 Kudos
lmagna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have the same problem as you.

Did you find a solution?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Zarra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello:

I don´t know if that is the solution but try authentication with:

User Logon: youruser@yourdomain.yoursufix

I had a similar problem with an Hp ThinClient + ThinConnect + View 4, and my solution was that.

0 Kudos