VMware Horizon Community
DForneiro
Contributor
Contributor

View 4 - Error when recomposing and refreshing

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when it comes to recomposing or refreshing any VM created within View 4. Below is the error I get when I try to do it:

"Status Details

Desktop Composer VcFault:VMware.Sim.Fault.VcObjectNotFoundFault"

I have tried a couple of things. Re-installed the agent on the gold image/snapshot. Rebooted VC and View servers, etc

I can however create new VMs from the same pool I'm having trouble with, which I find kind of strange.

Any input would be much appreciated.

DShaun

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mforbes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hate to sounds obvious here, but have you made sure you have all of the supported versions running? (i.e. vCenter update 1, ESX4 update 1, the latest build of View, etc.)

I would try that first before anything else and try again.

Mike Forbes

Mike Forbes
DForneiro
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about the late reply.

Yeah I have checked everything. Other pools/polices work fine. Its just this one. I have created another pool from the exact same snapshot and it works fine. I think I might just bring them over to a new pool. Might be easier that way. Gives me a chance to update the snapshots anyways

Thanks for the input anyways

DForneiro

0 Kudos
Gamer1971
Contributor
Contributor

I'm starting to experience the same thing. Kind of strange too, since the same pools were working as expected for a couple of weeks and now each of them are starting to fail one at a time with the same error message when the pool attempts to create new VMs.

Error during provisioning:

Desktop Composer VcFault:VMware.Sim.Fault.VcObjectNotFoundFault

I can create a new pool from the same snapshots and they are fine... so far. Other pools are fine and accessible.

I have opened an SR with support, so if they provide a solution I'll be happy to post it.

0 Kudos
vglafirov
Contributor
Contributor

Any news about this issue? I got the same error on one of my pool.

0 Kudos
Gamer1971
Contributor
Contributor

Had to stop using dvport groups nic and go back to vmnetwork nic. Issue resolution coming in future upgrade/patch in view

- Adam Hess

Desktop Services Infrastructure

0 Kudos
psorensen
Contributor
Contributor

I am now experiencing this issue as well. We are not however using dvport groups...

using ESX 4.0.0, 208167, vCenter 4.0.0, 208111, View 4.0.1 build-233023

Has anyone made any progress with this from VMware support?

"Status

Details

Desktop

Composer VcFault:VMware.Sim.Fault.VcObjectNotFoundFault"

Thanks

--Pete

0 Kudos