VMware Horizon Community
chrisbbcc
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.6 skipping keystrokes while typing

Using View 4.6 (VMs running on ESXi 4.1), we have several users who intermittently have problems when typing. Some keystrokes do not register - see the sample below.

Twinkle twinkle little star, ow I woder hat you are above the wrld so
high.  like a diamond in the sky. twinkle tnkle little star, howI der what
you are

This problem persists with both a Teradici PCoIP client (Dell FX100) and the View client for Windows.

Recomposing with a newer snapshot solved this problem for one user, but now several others (but not everyone) experience the error after the recompose.

We tried associating one of the users with a different VM, which had no effect on the keys skipping.

The ESXi hosts are running at well below capacity (vSphere shows only a small fraction of memory and CPU consumed).

Our snapshot chain for the parent VM is about five snapshots deep and four months old. Could this cause or exacerbate the problem, and if so, can we delete old (unused) snapshots without breaking anything?

We have ruled this out as a cause.

I appreciate any tips and guidance that you all can provide.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chrisbbcc
Contributor
Contributor

An update: I think we've found the culprit. It was a piece of security software that our online banking system asked us to install, Trusteer Rapport. Uninstalling it immediately fixed the problem. Looks like it had little to do with VMware itself.

0 Kudos