VMware Horizon Community
Mattvo
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.6 connection issues (Secure Gateway)

Hello,

I recently upgraded my View 4.5 to View 4.6 and put in a Secure Gateway.  Upon getting everything set up I found I could no longer log in to any of my pools.  I get a black screen then after 30sec to a minute it times out.  I am able to get a connection with RDP it just seems to be PCoIP that is causing problems.

Also when I attempt to use the Broker address it is telling me that it can't create a connection to my Secure Gateway.

This is in our Lab so we don't have a DMZ set up, we have an external IP address that is forwarding 443 and 4172 to our Secure Gateway, then our Secure Gateway, Broker, and Desktops are all in the same subnet on the same ESX Cluster with most OS firewalls turned off right now.

Any ideas or thoughts on what I'm missing?

Thank you for your help

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Given that you need an external address to get to your View Security Server, you'll need to ensure the 3 setup steps are done for remote access - see http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974

A black screen when selecting a PCoIP desktop will occur if any of the 3 steps haven't been done correctly.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Mattvo
Contributor
Contributor

Yup seen this several times, as far as I know all the steps are done.  I have one of our networking guys looking a the ports right now but everything else is checked and IP'd as it should be.

Matt

0 Kudos
Mattvo
Contributor
Contributor

Ok we got it fixed.  Who ever opened up the ports created four seperate rules instead of one.  Once that was changed everything worked like it should.

Thanks.

0 Kudos