VMware Horizon Community
Stanleyj42
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.6 and Endpoint 12.1 Security performance tuning

We are in the initial phase of setting up view 4.6 and are going to be installing a managed symantec endpoint client on the golden image.  I wanted to poll the community to see if anyone has a setup using endpoint 12.1 and what settings they found work the best.

Meaning things like turning off scheduled scans or adding certain firewall rules.

We tried to argue that antivirus was not needed on these clones but according to our company policy we must have an antivirus on every machine so please no bashing of the concept.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Stanley,

I know this is an older thread but i want to share my experience.

Unfortunately we are running SEP 11 not 12.1 yet but these are the main settings we set

1) No scheduled scans as you know

2) Disable the settings which make it run quick scan whenever it updates the virus definitions

3) Turn off file caching.

We found that File caching works as so. It scans a file and when its good then it puts it in a "cache". When you run a scan then it skips those files as it is known as good. But there is also a setting to scan those files in the cache whenever defintions are updated (which can be multiple times a day) so we disabled it all together.

We didnt do anything with the firewall, its just set for ANY ANY ALLOW.

Otherwise everything was left default and we have had no problems with performance since those tweaks.

I hope this helps, and its not too late.

Cheers

Phil

VCA4-DT
Stanleyj42
Contributor
Contributor

Its never too late.  Thank you for the info.  I will look at some of those settings and see what i have set in 12.1. 

0 Kudos