VMware Horizon Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 4.6 Use existing SSL Certs with Security Server

I have a .crt cert I would like to use for my security server but am having trouble working out the correct way to use it with View 4.6 security server

I have the private key for the cert but am unsure of the format it needs to be in in order to work with security server

My locked.properties file in sslgateway\conf has

keyfile=MyCert.crt

storetype=pkcs12

But my event logs have entries for VMware View "Could not start the Ice Server MBean"...."socketFactory must be supplied"

I'm not sure how I supply the private key or if thats needed once I have a .crt. The .crt file opens on the security server and lists the correct information but I can't figure out how to make View use it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander

I'd recommend following this guide ignoring as much as you can since you already have a cert: http://www.clearpathsg.com/blogs/2010/10/22/how-add-ssl-cert-vmware-view-45

I can't recall what exactly I did differently when I was simply re-using a cert, but hopefully that link will help somewhat.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks it was helpful but still unable to use my exisiting cert.

Would it matter that its a wildcard cert?

here is what I did

I tried combining my cert.pem and key.pem into a .p12 file using openssl but openssl wasn't in the bin folder along with keytool (should it be somewhere else?) so I created the server.p12 file on my local machine using the same cert.pem and key.pem files

I created a keystore using the details *.dom.tld and the other values I used when I requested the wildcard cert originally but when I try to import the server.p12 into the keystore I get the error failed to decrypt safe contents entry.... Given final block not properly padded

Do I need to create a keystore and fill in all details used to create the original file or can I use the server.p12 file as is?

0 Kudos