VMware Horizon Community
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 4.6 Pool Provisioned, Virtual Desktops not getting created

Hi, We have a View 4.6 environment with full clones. I created a pool and it got created fine. It also created the VM folder container in Virtual Infrastructure where I specified. However, I do not see the cloning process get kicked off and the provisioning of desktops.

I looked at the logs on the connection manager server, but cannot find anything. The pool events show everything OK and no errors. Can someone help me understand where might be the issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How about creating linked clones, is that successfull.

Also what is the OS version, and licensing ? Are you using correct custom spec.

0 Kudos
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are creating full clones.

The pool creation process goes fine, but I never see View Connection manager pool -> inventory showing the desktops cloning process. The cloning process never begins. We have deployed many pools without issue utilizing custom spec for each.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So you have created many other pools that work fine?   If this is the only pool with issues what is the difference in this pool and the other pools?

0 Kudos
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nothing to be honest. Infact, the template is the clone of same template. But the connection server isn't trying to clone. Opened a case with VMware and they have suggested to restart the connection manager and other services on the broker/s.

Looking for a window to perform that maintenance, since even though we have "direct connection" for zero to connect to view desktops, their connection drops when we restart the connection manager service. VMware mentions this is a bug. Hoping there is a patch or fix since it is a huge inconvenience for the user community and us admins since we can't perform any maintenance.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

yeah, that is a bug that I think it is resolved in 5.0.     Can you deploy via template in vCenter with the user specified in the View configuration?

0 Kudos