VMware Horizon Community
LarsVM201110141
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.6: Local Mode - Win7 activation issue

Hi,

I've got an issue with the MS Windows and MS Office activation on my composed local mode VMs.

Hardware:

Server: AMD based SUN Server

Client: Intel based Toshiba Notebooks (Win7 + View Client 4.6 with local mode)

Server:

ESX 4.1 U1 + vCenter

View 4.6 + Composer + Connection + Transfer

VM (v7):

-Linked Clone + Local Mode

-Win 7 Enterprise (KMS)

-Office 2010 Standard (KMS)

The problem:

Every time i check the VM in or out my Windows 7 and Office 2010 wants to be reactivatet.

The problem is, that in this case, every time a user makes a Checkout he has to start the VM in local mode on his notebook again in the company just to reactivate Win and Office (per script because: auto activation win7 after 3 days). So is there a way/best practice to activate the VM for both, the server and the Client without a reactivation every time?

Also testet with Intel Xenon Server and Intel Core 2 Duo Notebook -> same issue with reactivation every checkin/out.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sfsiher
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issues did you find a fix for this?

0 Kudos
PeterRhoades
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking at this same issue, anyone have this figured out?  I'm looking at creating a powershell script that will run on startup that will check windows / office validation and if they aren't, to launch the activation command.  This would still require the first time they checkout the machine, to log onto the network to activate once before taking offline.

It appears this is due to the windows detecting hardware changes on the VM (ie when you login you see the device drivers install).

0 Kudos
sfsiher
Contributor
Contributor

I will be out of the office. If you need immediate assistance please call 505-998-3409 or email support@redw.com.

Thanks,

Shawn Fisher.

0 Kudos