VMware Horizon Community
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 4.6 Events Database Historical Data

Hi folks! I need to retreive some user data from my View events database from duration of the last 30 days. My issue is that the admin page only displays up to the span of 2000 records on the page, even if I set the search parameters for the username, and the login times over the last month. It only displays back to the last day (since we've filled our 2000 records in the last 24 hours).

I've noticed the top says "Loaded most recent 2000 events. Older entries are available in the historical tables of the events database.", does anybody have an idea how I can access the information in the dbo.vtevenet_historical table? I was hoping to be able to grab the login times for this user over the past 30 days and drop it into a .CSV file for reporting purposes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The integration guide used to include some sample scripts for extracting information from the SQL database.    You can look there or you can ping your DBA to see if he can assist with a query to help pull the info.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/view-46-integration.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The integration guide used to include some sample scripts for extracting information from the SQL database.    You can look there or you can ping your DBA to see if he can assist with a query to help pull the info.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/view-46-integration.pdf

0 Kudos
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's a great answer, thank you.

I've also found that the admin page _does_ track unlimited records if you go to the Pool view, and click the event tab. Funny that shows information all the way back towards December of '10. I grabbed a .CSV file from there for my report, but having the script samples will come in handy.

0 Kudos