Trying to PCoIP to work on a windows 7 image
I have uninstalled .net, then the view client, then the tools
reinstalled .net to 4.0, vmware tools, then view client
when i try to connect i get a flash of a black screen and then a message " the connection to the remote computer timed out."
on the vm i'm trying to connect to i get the event id 102.
I have secure tunnel set to enabled and pointed to my a record i have for my security server.
i have PCoIP Secure Gateway configured.
this is comming from a new Dell E6420 laptop with the 4.6 client installed.
not sure what else to do to try to get this to work.
my next step is a whole new image.
you can test:
- disable firewall of this virtual machine to test (desktop on view)
- reinstall agent
firewall in VDM is disabled to test too and vcenter ?
Have you gotten external PCOIP to work on another image such as Windows XP? My first suggestion in PCOIP troubleshooting is to always look over this document, http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974, and make sure you have followed it. It's easy to miss a port somewhere in the configuration.
We had a developer's VDI all of a sudden also getting the same event: PCoIP connection request failed:14
After talking to him he discovered he was working on some IIS permission issues and changed folder permissions and that's when his PCoIP stopped working; he could connect over RDP just fine. As soon as he changed the permissions back he was able to connect so the View Agent must need these permissions set this way. Here are the steps we did to correct the problem:
In the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder, you need to drill down to the Advanced permissions dialog, and give the following permissions:
Administrators: Full Control
Everyone: Special Control:
In my case, IIS needed the IUSR account to be specified to have “read” permissions to the folder, too. However, adding that permission to the folder either messed up the inherited permissions for the other keys, or caused VMWare view to freak out about the permission (some applications are strict about what can and cannot be permitted for private keys). I removed that permission, and reapplied the two above permissions to the folder and all its children, which fixed my login issues.
I then added the IUSR permissions I needed to only the Machine key I needed IIS to access (after using MMC to find the right file in the haystack).
I referred to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278381 to figure out what the correct permissions were for the folder.