VMware Horizon Community
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.6 Automated Pool Error - Guest Customization

I did a little searching but haven't been able to find anything about this. I was just setting up a linked clone pool in View 4.6 and I just hit an error when trying to browse to the domain/AD Container int eh Guest Customization part of the set up. Is anybody familiar with what causes this or where I should start looking? This is the first automated pool we've deployed since upgrading to 4.6. Deploying them in 4.5 never caused any errors before.

http://i.imgur.com/lcFAU.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a known issue after upgrade, and it is yet to fix.

The workaround is instead of browsing the OU containers, manually enter the OU details and Click OK. It should work

Best Regards

Siva

theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Siva! I appreciate the help, but even acter manually entering the OU, the domain still can't be found from the drop-down and therefor won't let me progress any further with the set up. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

Disregard. Somehow the domain was removed in the vCenter server settings in the View admin. No clue how I overlooked that or how it was removed, but all is well now. Thanks for the help Shiva.

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Good to know.

Always refer VMware View Upgrade guide and striclty follow the upgrade proceedure.

0 Kudos