VMware Horizon Community
Indigo2009
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.5 Transfer Server with HTTP Proxy Issue with Package Limit

Cheers:

I have successfully setup a transfer server and local VD pool and am able to check out and check in clients when I leave the default package limit size which is set to 9223372036854775807.  One of my images is 9.6 GB and the other is 6.6 GB.  When I attempted to follow the directions in the View 4.5 Admin guide to set the package limit down to 10240 using vdmadmin -T publishing all packages failed with a "Failed getting publish progress percentage com.vmware.vdi.transfer.imagerepository."  I then set the package limit to 2097152 (2 MBs).  The 6.6 GB image published successfully, the 9.6 GB image did not - still same error.

Is anyone out there running local mode using an HTTP Proxy for remote / WAN linked clients and if so what did you set your package limit size to and your proxy cache size to?

I have a case open with VMWARE on this and will post a fix if I get one.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Indigo2009
Contributor
Contributor

I upped the cache size to 4 MB / 4194304.  One image is 9.19 GB / one is 6.6 GB.  It was slow.  Here's the VMWARE tech response:

It appears when this setting is configured importing the packages can fail due to the transfer process running out of memory.  Will relay information to engineering to work issue on their side.

I still need to query the proxy vendor on what their caching size limit is.  FYI.

0 Kudos
Indigo2009
Contributor
Contributor

The 4MB sizing did allow for successful publication of both images.

0 Kudos