VMware Horizon Community
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

View 4.5 Sound Lag with Windows 7

I don't know about anyone else but I was pretty excited about the idea of full support for Windows 7 in View 4.5.

Unfortunately the problems I had with the sound lagging behind was not fixed. This does not seem to be an issue with Windows XP just Windows 7. I am running ESX 4.1, View 4.5, and a Windows 7 VM. Any action that produces a sound is a split second behind. I am hoping there is something I am missing or I need to do to get it to work. So any help would be greatly appreciated with a Gold Star. Smiley Happy

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello ProPenguin,

Have you upgraded the firmware on your NC190 to latest version 3.2.1?

If that has not resolved it, please contact Teradici support team ("Tech

Support" tab link on our website) and one of our systems engineers will

assist.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just an update I left out a bit of information. The client hardware I am using is Samsung SyncMaster NC190. The sound lags even just clicking on the speaker icon in the task bar tray. Also for those of you using View 4.5 or are going to and havnt read the release notes its worth a look. Mostly for the Known issues section. So check it out.

Release Notes

0 Kudos
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I guess I am going to have to put in a ticket for this. I will update whenever I find out anything new. If anyone has anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Status Update:

I contacted vmware support. The support guy could not find a solution to my issue. So as for now I am dead in the water. The unfortunate humor is that I have a Windows 7 VM which is now fully supported by VMView 4.5, with a setup that has been check by support, and I am using a PCoIP All in one Monitor that is Certified to work with View 4.5. Can anyone say money out that window :). Still hoping someone else has come across this.

0 Kudos
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello ProPenguin,

Have you upgraded the firmware on your NC190 to latest version 3.2.1?

If that has not resolved it, please contact Teradici support team ("Tech

Support" tab link on our website) and one of our systems engineers will

assist.

0 Kudos
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is there any chance you can point me in the direction of that firmware download. I can not seem to locate it on the Samsung website. Thank you

0 Kudos
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You sir are amazing. I kept looking for a samsung firmware upgrade and realized it was the zero client software. I found it and upgraded it and it is alot better. Thank you so much. Gold Star with a check for you.

0 Kudos