VMware Horizon Community
PxPxger
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.5 Multiple Monitors with PCoIP

Multiple monitors is not working very well for me when using PCoIP. I am plugged into our network using my work desktop. I can get it to display correctly about every 5 time I sign into my View Desktop. The times it is not working is when the operating system is in the middle of the two monitors. I already tried increasing the Video Memory to 32MB on the parent VM and recomposing the linked clone pool, that didnt work.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PxPxger
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed a pattern and that is if I sign into the Virtual Desktop for the first time Multiple Monitors will not work. If I quickly disconnect(not logoff) and then connect back again the Virtual desktop is displayed correctly on both monitors. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
iamxCPx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have an identical monitors or at least both has the same max resolutions?

If you do, have you tried shutdown the view desktop machine?

Not restart or log off but click start and shutdown so if you go to Virtual Center you'll see the view desktop is turned off.

And then after that tried to re-connect your view to turn it back on.

That usually works for me.

Good luck.

CP

0 Kudos
DataSolutionsGr
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried maxing out the pool settings for number of monitors and resolution?

Follow on Twitter - @dsga | http://twitter.com/dsga | Blog - http://www.data-solutions.com.au/blog

Twitter: @dsga | Blog: www.data-solutions.com.au/blog
0 Kudos
jnicpon
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact issue. I have tried using SVGA II driver, but it seems to make things more unstable. Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,

-John

0 Kudos
jaksun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would have a look at the Video-ram of the vm's. Try increasing this to 64 and in your view manager set the pool settings to 4 screens and maximum resolution.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You shouldn't have to modify the video ram settings.  This will be handled by the View connection broker once you have specified the max amount of monitors in the pool configuration.  If I'm not mistaken you also have to reset the machine through View (not vCenter) for this to take affect. 

0 Kudos