mroskam
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.5 + Mac OS + Terminal Server

I am having an issue with the latest release of View 4.5. I've narrowed the issue down to remotely connecting to a Terminal Server through the View client's tunnel. I can connect through the tunnel to standard desktops and direct RDP from the Mac to the same terminal server is successful.

The client connects successfully, but after exactly 1 minute I get the following error:

"You were disconnected from the windows-based computer." with the options to Cancel or Reconnect. The reconnect fails with the same message and I am forced to cancel and start the View client over again.

The following error is reported in the vmware-view.log:

vmware-view-tunnel(124): Creating new channel "1" to listener "Port1".

vmware-view-tunnel(124): Error: Encountered Apple bug #5202831. Disconnecting.

vmware-view-tunnel(124): Creating new channel "2" to listener "Port1".

vmware-view-tunnel(124): Tunnel requested socket channel close (chanID: 1)

vmware-view-tunnel(124): Closing single-use listener "Port1" after channel "1" disconnect.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the new View 4.5 setup? This was working fine on the previous version, and I would hate to rollback for a few Mac clients.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is interesting. We have changed the way that View works with Mac as the client is native now. I would open an SR with our View team as this may be a bug that needs to be addressed.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
mroskam
Contributor
Contributor

I've opened an SR, but they haven't seen this issue yet. Apparently they are opening a case with Apple who supposedly wrote the application. I'm holding out for a possible fix or workaround, but nothing as of yet. The issue appears to affect the View Open Client as well.

0 Kudos
KSUITPRO
Contributor
Contributor

We are having this problem as well.  Have you heard anything back from VMware about this issue?

0 Kudos
pbruienne
Contributor
Contributor

Just had some Mac users needing to use the VMware View 4.5 client for a training session. Their connection dies every time, within the minute. RDC 2.1 will not connect again after. Getting the same log entries:

Feb 10 11:25:41.452: vmware-view| vmware-view-tunnel(13871): Creating new channel "1" to listener "Port1".
Feb 10 11:25:42.012: vmware-view| vmware-view-tunnel(13871): Error: Encountered Apple bug #5202831.  Disconnecting.
Feb 10 11:25:42.018: vmware-view| vmware-view-tunnel(13871): Creating new channel "2" to listener "Port1".
Feb 10 11:26:41.514: vmware-view| vmware-view-tunnel(13871): Tunnel requested socket channel close (chanID: 1)
Feb 10 11:26:41.514: vmware-view| vmware-view-tunnel(13871): Closing single-use listener "Port1" after channel "1" disconnect.

They were unable to join the session as a result.

0 Kudos
thossy
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting the same issue.

The thin client seems to work fine, but the thick client times out almost immediately if I dont' continually do something. We had several students in a training class experience the same thing.

0 Kudos
halext
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.

It work's fine in windows 7, ubuntu but in mac in less then a 1 minute it disconect.

I alrredy have updated the remote desktop for mac version 2.1 and the problem persist's.

this is verry important to work because we have 5 mac client's that need to acess remotely

Can anyone help me ?

thank's

0 Kudos
bhesseling
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this? I have some users testing from Mac right now and having the same issue.

0 Kudos
bluedevils
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue has been fixed in latest Mac view client release 1.5 which will be available soon.

0 Kudos
halext
Contributor
Contributor

finelly

:smileygrin: it's a problem that exist's for some several months

when it will be the soon ?

0 Kudos
bluedevils
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Mid of May, it is related to rdesktop behavior on Mac which is a little different from Linux.

0 Kudos