VMware Horizon Community
geirsjo
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.5 Event Database - Red Error

Hi

I have a couple of View 4.5 connection brokers which randomly gives a "red failed arrow" on the system service Event Database. When I expand the Event Database on the Dashboard and click on the database server, the Event Database Details - Status contains no info. On a connection broker with no error the status of the Event Database says "No problem detected".

All events are being tracked to the database and I can't see practical problems except the red arrow on the Dashboard.

If I clear the event configuration and add the same database back, everything is ok for a while.

My databases are running on MS SQL 2008, and i can find no errors/warings on the database servers.

Anyone who has seen anything similar ?

/Gekken

7 Replies
DKatman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I stumbled upon this thread via google. I was hoping you had the answer for me.

I have had the same type of issue.

I thought I had this once before and fixed it by adding size. I thought I took the database offline and then added space available to the database and then brought it back online. I THINK that is what I did.

I was not able to take the database offline this time. There was a problem. In fact, I made a big enough problem that it stopped recording events for me. Suddenly, I missed just having an annoying red arrow in my envoronment.

I kept looking and looking. Since the 4.5 install guide was the second or third hit, I thought I would look it over. While reading it, I got inspired to change some of my settings.

Now, as I recall, it will only display the most recent 2000 events anyway. I went to the Event Configuration under View Configuration.

Under event settings, I hit Edit.

I had 1 month under the Show events in View Administrator and 2 days for Classify events as new for.

I changed the Show events in View Administrator to 3 weeks and hit save.

I just saw my arrow change back to green.

I am going to guess here that I record SO many events that it was too large to chow everything and decided it was enough to be an error. Of course, they did not think to build anything useful into the status window that might clue us in to that.

I hope this helps you as well,

Dave

respada
Contributor
Contributor

I got this error on 4.6 also and the solution provided by DKatman worked for me...

VCP4-MCITP:SA-MCTS-MCP-S+-N+-A+/ @crash_pr
0 Kudos
grosales
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, was experiencing this issue. I also came across this discussion via Google. Our View Connection Server Events Configuration was set to 6 months (default, I believe).  I reduced it to three months. I did observe the Events database indicator go from red to green. I will observe for a few days/weeks to see if the errant behavior returns. Thanks to DKatman!

0 Kudos
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This fix just worked for me on View 5.1 Smiley Happy Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrianFNI
Contributor
Contributor

worked for me too on 5.2.  ridiculous

0 Kudos
Mc20piece
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me as well in 5.2...:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
Pudong