VMware Horizon Community
JPerf
Contributor
Contributor

View 3.1 client - error message

Hi all

knows anybody describe, why oneself he shows an error message, when I try to connect to my VDI desktop via View 3.1 client ?

6652_6652.PNG

and here is more detailedabstract from application log :

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: VMware View

Event Category: VMware View

Event ID: 104

Date: 19.8.2009

Time: 7:47:33

User: machine\admin

Computer: machine

Description:

Unable to start the tunnel. Error message displayed was 'The View Connection Server authentication failed. Initialization failed while connecting to server '(null)'.', proxy used to connect was '(null)', connection server was '(null)'.

THX

Julo Kovac

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Check that your AD / DNS is working properly.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
a2alpha
Expert
Expert

Try typing the IP address of the connection server instead of the host name, also can you connect through the view portal rather than the client?

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In order to help you, I will need more information:

Can you ping your view manager server from the view client station?

Can you rdp to the VMs directly?

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you still experiencing the issue?

0 Kudos
JPerf
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this dialog is displaying, when client in not in domain...

Julo Kovac

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you are getting this dialog when trying to connect from a non domain machine, but you are able to connect without any issue from a machine that is in the same domain as the view manager server -- if this assumption is correct, please try the following:

First use the command below - if you have a solid SSL (443) connection, you should see blank window, from your command prompt type the following:

telnet View_Manager_Server_IP 443

If you get a blank window that means you can connect on port 443 to your view manager server from the work station.

Now, use IP instead of the server name on the Connection Server filed.

Please award point by select “Helpful” or “correct”, if you find this post useful. – Thanks.

0 Kudos
pdarcysgi
Contributor
Contributor

I recieve the same error message, I have two servers, standard and a replication server. Some clients connects without issue to one server and other connect to the other server with no issue but they cannot connect to both? I have specified the ip address of the servers and still the same issue??

0 Kudos