VMware Horizon Community
TristanT
Contributor
Contributor

View 3.1 Issues after upgrade

ISSUE #1

After upgrading from 3.01 to 3.1 (Enterprise, not premier) we are seeing an error message on our View Portal login page "Incorrect Authentication Type Requested" in red text about username/passcode. Users can ignore the error text and login normally. We are using RSA SecureID auth. 1 connection server, 1 security server.

ISSUE #2

We are getting lots of dropped view connections after the upgrade. Users sessions are stable sometimes, other times they drop after only seconds or minutes of connectivity.

I've opened a VMware support ticket - anyone see anything like these after their upgrade?

Thanks much - this community rocks!

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
TristanT
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like our connection drop issues are similar to what has been seen in the following thread:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1299089

We've opened case SR#1159533391 on this issue. We are seeing the same "conveyor" errors in our security server logs as described above.

0 Kudos
mjsvirt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are all of these tickets related? It sounds like it.

We have a couple of 3.1 upgrades to do but I'm considering holding off.

Jason Silva http://silvaecs.com http://twitter.com/silvaecs
0 Kudos
TLeach
Contributor
Contributor

We resolved the dropped connections after adding the additional protocol to our firewall rules. 3.1 is using TCP port 32111 for part of the connection between the remote client and the agent on either the desktop VM or a physical machine running the agent sofware.

We are also seeing the error on the RSA login screen. I haven't found any useful information on it at all.

Hope that helps...

0 Kudos
DarrenBull
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having the error message on my front page with a securid deployment, with a security server in dmz. It seems to be purely cosmetic but if anyone finds a fix I'd be glad to hear it, it doesn't look good from a users perspective.

0 Kudos
TristanT
Contributor
Contributor

I worked on this issue with VMware and it is in fact a bug. To make the red warning text go away, simply turn off the front page "message of the day" notification in the admin configuration settings. It's kind of a lame fix but at least the login interface doesn't look as sloppy. This bug is supposed to be fixed in the next service release.

0 Kudos
TLeach
Contributor
Contributor

Can you give me a hint where this setting might be found? I looked all through the view manager interface and could not find the setting 😐

0 Kudos
TristanT
Contributor
Contributor

In View Admin, go to Configuration, then Global Settings, then disable the "Display a pre-login message".

0 Kudos
TLeach
Contributor
Contributor

Well, disabling the pre-login page does do away with the error, but we need to use it. So I did the 3.1.1 upgrade today to fix the disconnect issues and was hoping that it might have fixed this as well, but no such luck. Any ideas on how to rid myself of this annoying red message?

0 Kudos