VMware Horizon Community
kaspianx
Contributor
Contributor

View 1.5 on Asus TF700

I just got an Asus TF700 tablet with 1920x1200 resolution and was excited to try View.  While the screen was crisp, I would have liked to make the text larger.  In the settings of the View client there are only three options, Auto fit (1920x1044 for me), 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.

First, since most Android tablets are 1280x800 these choices seem silly.  Second, when I chose 1280 or 1600 the View desktop image didn't scale.  It just resized to use part of the screen.  So I had a large black area on the left had side of the tablet and my View desktop on the right hand side with the same size text.

View for iPad has several more screen size choices and when used, the View desktop actually scales rather than resizing.

So my questions are...  Is this behavior what everyone sees or is this specific to Asus?  And will the Android client be given the functionality that the iOS client has?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Can't you just make the text bigger in Windows?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
kaspianx
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, no.  At least not easily.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200901...

I've tried the registry setting and it works, but I'd have to create a menu system to modify the registry and have uses logout when they change it.  Users can also go to the advanced settings and change text size for each UI item (icon text, menu bar text, etc.).  I don't consider either of these to be good options.

Again, the iOS client has this feature built in and working well.  I would like to see the Android client on par with the iOS client.

0 Kudos