VMware Horizon Community
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Validating View Client..

Hello fellas,

I've got a customer that wants to ThinApp their Windows View Client with custom settings for end users that are remotely accessing the environment through a Security Server gateway.  They also want to insure that remote end users are using this specific Client.  We are going to put the ThinApp Packaged client onto the View portal for download but how do we insure that the end user is using this exact package and now downloading a View Client from VMware and using that to connect??

Any suggestions?

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know of any options in View that would allow this.   I would say limit their ability to install software on the desktop but this would be pointless to an end user accessing from their home machine as you wouldn't have the ability to limit permissions.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

F5 have a solution that could do something like this.

// linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos