VMware Horizon Community
itsexe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRAM Difference in Hardware Version 10 & 11

Hi All,

As per the below link it states

"For virtual hardware version 9 (vSphere 5.1) and 10 (vSphere 5.5 Update 1) virtual machines, the default VRAM size is 96MB, and you can configure a maximum size of 512MB."

"For virtual hardware version 11 (vSphere 6.0) virtual machines, the default VRAM size is 96MB, and you can configure a maximum size of 128MB. InvSphere 6.0 and later virtual machines, this setting refers only to the amount of display memory in the graphics card and therefore has a lower maximum setting than earlier virtual hardware versions, which included both display memory and guest memory for storing 3D objects."

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.0

I have read another blog which is stating that" In HW 11 there is a totally seperate setting for 3D video memory that you can increase to 512.  The standard Video memeory field tops out at 128.  In HW V10 they use the same field for both even though you have to enable 3D to set more than 128"

So I wanted to check where exactly I can set the 3D video RAM in Hardware Version 11.

Secondly for software rendering does it uses server Physical RAM for VRAM?

Regards,

Khurram

Regards, Khurram Shahzad
0 Kudos
1 Reply
itsexe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi So this is the place where we can configure 3D Memory. So the question is

What is the difference between Video Memory & 3D Memory in below screen.  Secondly for software rendering does it uses server Physical RAM for VRAM?

3Dsettings.jpg

Regards, Khurram Shahzad
0 Kudos