VMware Horizon Community
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VOIP Quality

hi, I am running VDI with vSphere 4.1, View 4.0.1, Wyse C10LE, virtual Desktop OS is Windows XP SP3, the clients are call center agents and they use Huawil Softphone, the voice quality is good, but in some hours ( arounf 2:00 pm), the agents claim that their voice quality become bad and the customers cannot hear their voice good, I ran Wireshark and I saw the following result:

Source is my virtual desktop, Destination is my Thin Client, and the message is:

!file:///C:/Users/nastaran.man/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png!ICMP : Destination Unreachable (port Unreachable).

I asked the Network guys and they said our connection is LAN is 10GB and we don't have any bandwidth issue.

does anyone know what is this issue for?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Your LAN could be 10Gbe however the host and the virtual machine maybe limited to only 1Gbe. Btw in addition to that could you check out the CPU/Memory/Network perf on the vcenter for the view as well as the desktops. Is there anyway virus scan or backup being run at that time?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have monitoring on vDesktops and servers by Veeam, vCenter and View is quite free, but vDesktops sometimes have high CPU usage. the VMs network transmit and recieve rate (network usage) is less than 50 KBps.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Hmm, since the wireshark is run against the thin-client could you try another made or model of thin client? if not possible perhaps maybe using a repurpose fat client. The reason of asking is that we faced problem with thinclient which could just perform normally under highload and i was solved with firmware updates.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

0 Kudos
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi, it resolved, by using new firmwares of Wyse.

0 Kudos