VMware Horizon Community
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware tools Service / View Service not running on VM

I have a standalone thick VM here that someone is using as their workstation through VMware View, and this morning it just stopped working (they were installing/uninstalling some software).  When I logged into the View admin console, it showed the VM as being in the agent unreachable state.  When I logged onto the VM locally, I noticed the the VMware tools service was not running in the tray.  The VMware View Agent was similarly not running, and when I went into the services mmc and tried to manually start the services, this is the error I get:tools.PNG

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling VMware tools and the View agent, but so far the problem persists.  Has anyone seen this before or have a fix?  I'd like to not have to rebuild this VM from scratch (don't have any snapshots unfortunately).  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Strangely enough, this happened after uninstalling the exchange tools from this VM.  Don't know why, but it happened that way.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Windows Event logs (System) should give information about any dependent service start failures. What errors are you seeing?

0 Kudos