VMware Horizon Community
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware optimization tool for Windows 10 "your administrator has blocked this program..." error

Hello:

We are currently using the VMware Optimization Tool for testing in Windows 10.   It seems that the Optimization Tool is disabling something that UAC depends on .  In our case, we need to re-enable UAC, but simply doing this in the Control Panel in Windows (under Users and Groups and User Access Control) does not work and when the user clicks on something that would normally prompt for elevated credentials, they get "Your administrator has blocked this program".  I have been looking for the setting to re-enable UAC through the Optimization Tool or in Windows and I cannot determine what it has turned off or disabled.

Does anybody know how to get UAC back, after running the Optimization Tool?  Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I ended up looking in the Optimization Tool under History, and rolled back our master image, then run the Analyze again.  Then, I noticed that in the list of optimizations, there's one called "Disable UAC".  I unchecked that and applied the other settings and it worked, UAC is working again on our VMs. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I ended up looking in the Optimization Tool under History, and rolled back our master image, then run the Analyze again.  Then, I noticed that in the list of optimizations, there's one called "Disable UAC".  I unchecked that and applied the other settings and it worked, UAC is working again on our VMs. 

natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks this also helped me! My company are enforcing UAC and if ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin and ConsentPromptBehaviorUser are set to 0 while EnableLUA is set to 1 in the registry, you will get that blocked message prompt.

0 Kudos
rwulffenstein
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, 

I ran the VMware Optimization tool  and looked through all of the settings but do not see anything related to UAC.  Where should I be looking, under what category or area?

rwulffenstein_0-1683832416157.png

Thank you.

0 Kudos