VMware Horizon Community
blong24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware optimization - notifications

I've somehow disabled a super specific notification setting even though i unchecked 'disable notifications' using the OSOT.

It appears to be the setting in Windows 10 (21h2) notifications and actions > get notifications from apps and other senders is toggled off.

I looked through the OSOT and noticed that there's an entry there to disable this, but it only applies to HKCU, therefore all users logging in, it's somehow being toggled off.

I need to be able to have notifications enabled from other apps (specifically outlook)

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

IIRC, there's an option in OSOT to apply the current user settings to the default profile, so, if that notification is disabled and then the setting is applied to the default user profile. If you're using Instant clones, each user gets the default profile, which is then overwritten with any user settings you've retrieved from DEM. You could check if you can revert this reg key using a DEM reg key.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
blong24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If anyone else runs into this issue, i had to manually add a reg entry at startup to enable notifications each time.

I was unable to find any other alternatives.

DEM > User Environment > Registry Settings > New > 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications]

"ToastEnabled"=dword:1

Apply settings (Before) Profile archive import.