VMware Horizon Community
mtaller
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View with LogMeIn

Hi

Does VMware View Agent and LogMeIn are compatible ?

When I connect with LogMeIn on a computer where VMware View Agent is installed, the agent stop working.

If I want to reconnect with VMware View Client, I need to restart VMware View Agent

Does normal ?

VMware View Server version 5.1.2 (928164)

VMware View Agent version 5.1.2 (16119)

Thanks you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

It's not an issue I have read about in the forums before.   I think the best course of action is to open a ticket with VMware to determine if it's a known issue. 

0 Kudos
USCUpstate
Contributor
Contributor

We see the same issue, although its not everytime. Its seems random but I'm sure there's a particular version that's causing it we just haven't dug into it yet.

0 Kudos
mtaller
Contributor
Contributor

After some test :

- View Agent crash when connecting with LogMeIn if Windows session was not closed and View client disconnected

- Open new Windows session before View client connect

Same thing with TeamViewer

0 Kudos
dougjef
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have the same issue with View 5.2. VIew agent crashes and VMware tools are showing as not running when our agent connects via Logmein to assist the person.. VMware any updates on this?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should open a support-issue on this, sounds like a problem that needs to be fixed.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos