VMware Horizon Community
iancaushange
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View to Boot the ViewClients on PXE Boot

I would like to know how to boot the View Clients via PXE boot and not have an OS and then remote to the view client. Please advice as am new to this whole concept and still learning it. Maybe some links and documents would help if any.

Your help and support is much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

There is a few ways of doing this and it depends on your environment and needs.

Another option is to use a "Zero-client" instead that does not run any os but have the view-client in the firmware instead.

// linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
iancaushange
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for quick response Iinjo.

I will take Zero-Client into consideration. Any specific models in mind? I currently have 2 thin client POC for testing purpose but i still cant achieve in booting it in PXE.

Its a university that consists of 500+ PCs which we are planning to go to VDI. And are the users are under Microsoft Active Directory, where the students are authenticated.

Could you give some suggests or help out with is this. What environment are you exactly referring to, a bit more detail would help me explain to you our environment structure.

But if i get a  Zero-Client, it will automatically boot into the View Client?. thus accomplishing the idea of booting the View Client via PXE?  

Thanks

0 Kudos