VMware Horizon Community
chriswu11111
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View client slow on accessing network shares

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you guys knows of any reason why my network view clients are taking along time to show network mapped drives or shares?

This happens whether the network share is on the same subnet or on a different one.

It just seems to run really slowly. Any body experienced this and knows a fix for it. thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chriswu11111
Contributor
Contributor

Oh just as an update i'm running view 5 and PCOIP on windows XP machines as my virtual desktops.

0 Kudos
chriswu11111
Contributor
Contributor

OK after further reading on google online it seems that you have to disable the TCPOffload on the virtual xp machine and on the server it is connecting to.

I have tried this and this still doesn't help. any takers?

0 Kudos
bhamm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to be clear, you're talking about connecting to a network share from a virtual desktop that has the agent installed, right? Not from a station running a thick client?

Also, is it the mounting of network shares at login that is slow? Or connecting to network shares in general?

Is there anything you do in terms of network config for your virtual desktops that you don't do for other desktops that aren't having this issue?

0 Kudos
chriswu11111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bhamm,

Yes just to confirm a virtual windows xp desktop with the view agent installed on it.

It is both the mounting and accessing of the network share that is slow.

The virtual desktops are configured in the same way as the thick desktops or laptops. I do not see any difference hence wondering why it is so terribly slow even though the server is on the same subnet thanks.

0 Kudos