VMware Horizon Community
jburleigh
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View agent 4.6 on physical machine

I am getting an error connecting to physical hosts with the 4.6 agent running on them.  The error I get is "The display protocol for this desktop is currently not available.  Please contact your system administrator. 

This only happens when connecting through a View client on either a Windows 7 or a iPad device.  Connecting through a WYSE P20 or EVGA device works fine.

Has anyone run into this problem when trying to connect to a physical box with the agent installed?

Thanks,

John

VCP 2x, 3x, & 4x

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Try disable firewall of this virtual machine and test.

read if apply

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103861...

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

With connecting to a physical machine with View you are limited to the RDP-protocol, so that is probably why you cannot connect with the PCoIP-only iPad Client.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos