VMware Horizon Community
GenericITWorker
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View, Wyse Zero Client and the Windows Lock Screen freeze, Help

This is from a previous post that has gone stale, but the wording of it fits my exact issue. I have changed the specs to fit my situation:

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this odd situation:  We are running View 6.2.2.3508800 agent with Windows 7 x64 on a 5.5 server and use Dell Wyse D10DP zero clients for the users desk.  Each desk has (so far) two monitors.  Everything is fine, however in some situations when a user locks their workstation to walk away, it will lock but still display a static image on the secondary monitor of whatever was open there at the time of lock.  So for instance, if a user had email open on the right (secondary) monitor when they lock, that page is still visible, while on the left (primary) monitor the standard

CTRL-ALT-DEL screen is shown.  The page (or whatever is still visible) is in no way interactive, and since the image is static, even if the page auto-refreshes you will only ever see the content as it appeared when the machine was locked.  When the user unlocks, both screens go black as they normally do and then display current content.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  It's not the biggest of deals, however it would be a security concern if a user left a sensitive document up on their secondary monitor, and locked their workstation to walk away.

It seems to be sporadic, to reproduce it has been hard at best.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GenericITWorker
Contributor
Contributor

I have update the VMtools Version, which in turn updated the Video Driver. and it seems to have fixed the issue. Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
ALEX_TSM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, that's a great news!

But, keep in mind, you should always reinstall the view agent after you have updated the vmware tools.

BDW, you can always check if your video adapter has the true version of driver by the link https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10297...

0 Kudos