VMware Horizon Community
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View Session State

Hopefully a quick question and answer. I cannot locate any information on this.

How does the VMware View Administrator page know if a session is in a disconnected state when it seems most (all?) of the traffic is PCoIP UDP once the session to the desktop is established?

Is there TCP also at some point so that there is an ACK coming back?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry, did not mean any with that...:smileyblush:

The View agent inside the virtual desktop is keeping track if there is a user connected or not and reporting that back to the connection broker who updates the status in the interface.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Haha, yes there is some TCP traffic coming through also.

All the mouse and keyboard is using TCP for example.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure what is funny.

I get the fact that mouse movements are coming over. But how does the Administrator web page know it's disconnected?

Is there a timeout period of inactivity and then it just says it's disconnected?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry, did not mean any with that...:smileyblush:

The View agent inside the virtual desktop is keeping track if there is a user connected or not and reporting that back to the connection broker who updates the status in the interface.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ugh. I wasn't thinking about it properly where the VM was sitting here with the agent running. That makes sense now. For some reason, I was thinking "Citrix" type connection. I know better.

Thank you.

0 Kudos