VMware Horizon Community
Hatfira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View Persona Takes Long Time to Load

We are having a serious issue with View Profiles.  When we attempt to implement the Persona component, the login screen appears and the user logs in.  After that however, the screen goes blue (note, NOT the BSOD) and just sits there.  we have waited more than ten minutes with nothing from the computer.  we can see the user's folder created, but nothing gets populated.  After some period of time, eventually the profile does seem to go through, but until then, the computer is unusable.

We have verified speed to the server, connectivity, and that folder permissions have been set correctly on the share and the folder itself.

Are there any thoughts as to why the profiles would take so long to create?  It happens regardless of whether it's the first time the user has logged on or the tenth, so we also know it's not a folder creation issue.

Any help is greatly apprecaited.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you running AV?  I have heard instances where AV has slowed everything down?  If AV is enabled then disable and see if performance seems to get better.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you running AV?  I have heard instances where AV has slowed everything down?  If AV is enabled then disable and see if performance seems to get better.  

0 Kudos
Hatfira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are spot on, my good man!  I also ran across this article discussing much the same thing:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/329528

In short, we had to disable the TrendMicro AV services.  Once we did that, we were able to get to desktops much more efficiently.  I don't know whether it's a scanning issue or if the services just don't like that environment, but for now, the easy solution was to simply disable those services.

Thank you!

0 Kudos