VMware Horizon Community
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

VMware View (Outlook address book 0x80004005)

Hello,

I ran into an issue where when trying to download offline address book gives an error code (0x80004005). This issue occurred only on our VDI environment, where normal fat desktops are not having this issue.

After deep investigation, I discovered that Persona redirection is the cause of this issue. Whenever I stop the persona service, things works fine.

Any idea how to sort out this issue?

Thanks,

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
11 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Where does the offline address book download too?   Is it an option to exclude that from persona?   It is a situation where Microsoft doesn't support offline address books being downloaded to a cifs or remote share?

0 Kudos
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

I'm not really sure about it but it seems that the address book gets downloaded in %APPDATA%.

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I think this is a very similar (if not exact copy of) an issue recently reported to us. We are investigating, but unfortunately at this time, I am not sure of a workaround. I will post back here once I know more.

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

Thanks Peter,

Looking forward to hear back from you.

0 Kudos
jpickett
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this? I have the same problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Run outlook not in cache mode. This solves 99% of the issues.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
jpickett
Contributor
Contributor

@Childebrandt I tried that as well and same error. I'm positive it has something to do with Persona Management and folder redirection.

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you delete the outlook profile completely including the OST file. Then create a new mail profile and choose non-cache mode. You can not just switch it you have to take out the OST. 

Also if you look in the persona GPO you can include what folders to sync so you could add the %appdata% folder to make sure it gets synced to the profile. This might solve the issue. (Stabbing in the dark on that one) but i think the non-cache mode works the best in linked clones. It loads faster and not as much data to more around.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
drewwilsonmcgld
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this, we are having a similar issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

thanks for the reminder ! sorry I didnt post back sooner.

I actually think this issue might be fixed in Horizon View 5.3.2  and also in Horizon 6.0.

can you try one of those and see if that resolves the issue?

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos
justinfancy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Folks, i'm current having the same issues with the Outlook address book and the persona agent. I currently have a ticket open with support and waiting a response. 

I'm receiving the same error company wide and currently running Horizon 1.5.736755.0.

If anybody could provide some advice on this, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

Justin

0 Kudos