VMware Horizon Community
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware View Connection Server - Error 404

I was getting alarms in vCenter for CPU usage on my view connection server, which I found out was caused by the mysqld service being at 100% CPU utilization. I rebooted the server and when it came back up, the https://server/admin page gave me a 404. After reviewing the logs, I found it to be (I think) caused by this:

2013-08-06T18:00:08.403Z FATAL (0CF0-0DB4) <Thread-1> [ICE] ICE Start com.vmware.vdi.ice.server.Ice.startServer(SourceFile:1167)java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_BIND at....

and a bunch of java lines after that, but I'm pretty sure the relevant part is above. After a couple of searches, the only good lead I could find was to disable the IIS service if it is installed, or configure it to use a different port. The service isn't installed.

So I did a netstat -anob | FIND /n "443". The PID for the service that is listening to the port is 4, which corresponds to the SYSTEM service. I have no idea how to change that. So I am stuck.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

IIS wasn't installed. I did a last resort move and just sorted the processes by memory usage and started killing them until the 404 went away. Ended up being the MS SQL Reporting Services. So I disabled the service and the View Admin webpage came back up after a reboot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

So since you get a 404 means that something is listening on that port.

Could you by mistake have enabled IIS or some other webserver by mistake that listens on 443?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

IIS wasn't installed. I did a last resort move and just sorted the processes by memory usage and started killing them until the 404 went away. Ended up being the MS SQL Reporting Services. So I disabled the service and the View Admin webpage came back up after a reboot.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, that the MS SQL Reporting Services contains a web frontend that listens on 80/443 by default.

Either remove it with these steps:

1.In Add/Remove programs

2.Click the 'Uninstall/Change' button for "SQL Server 2008 R2"

3.In the coming dialog, click 'Remove'

4.Click 'OK'

5.In the 'Select Instance' dialog, select the appropriate instance, and then click 'Next'

6.In the 'Select Features' dialog, please only select 'Reporting Services'

7.Then click 'Next' and 'Next' till the uninstalling process starting

Or if you use the reporting services for some reason you can change the port it listens on:

1. Go to Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

2. Go To Web Service URL tab, change the TCP Port other than 80/443

3. You report Manager URL will change accordingly. Now, use the new URL.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried removing it with your first method before I disabled the service, but the Reporting Services checkbox was greyed out. We don't use it anyway. The only reason SQL is installed is for the event logs.

0 Kudos