VMware Horizon Community
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View Client silent install

hello,

i have sucessfully installed the View Client on a few remote machines using the following command line :

"
servername\servershare\VMware-Client.exe" /s /v"/qn DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=0 QUICKLAUNCH_SHORTCUT=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

is they a way for me to specify the Connection Server as part of this process ??

any insight would be greatly appreciated !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SWCS833
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you running this in a domain environment? If so, just use GP and add the View Client Settings (.adm) and specify the default connection server.

If your not in a domain environment, then I am not sure if there is a way to set the default connection server.

0 Kudos
UnderCoverGuy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually, I don't know that you can do it via an option on the command line with MSIEXEC (i.e., during the installation of the View Client) - unless you create a transform to go along with the MSI install itself. However, most people may not want to do that, so here is where it is located (and can be easily modified using REGINI or something like that). Launch the Windows registry editor and navigate to:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client

Change the value for "MRBroker" (w/o the quotes) to whatever the server name is. The registry key is a string value.

Hope this helps,

UCG

0 Kudos
UnderCoverGuy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually, I must take back my previous post (but it also provides another way that you can control the setting). Anyway, the MSIEXEC variable used to set the server name during the install is VDM_SERVER. So, you can set the server name by using:

"msiexec.exe /i "VMware View Client.msi" VDM_SERVER="insert server name here"

Enjoy,

UCG

0 Kudos