VMware Horizon Community
tyork820
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View Client on Android and Mac OS

I figured this would be the best place to ask.

We currently are usnig VMSphere on our server and when a Windows client connects via VMware Sphere, it mentions the certificate is not valid, but I can still connect. 

I have downloaded and installed VMware View for both a Mac and an Android phone but they will not continue forward with the certificate being invalid.

I assume one way is to get a valid certficate - which maybe I need to figure out how to do

But is there any way to connect currently as is?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JackPotter1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It's really surprising for me that you can still connect even though your certificate is not valid, make sure you connect properly, try uninstall and do it again. else, you can get full support from VMware support staff.

Jack

Trademark Registration

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

To use View Client you need to have a View Connection broker installed and configured, it sounds like you do not have this?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
tyork820
Contributor
Contributor

@ JackPotter

Not realy sure, but it connects fine.  I can use vSphere and can see everything and manage everything.

@ Linjo

I have no idea to be honest with you.  I know on the windows machines I can connect using Vphere client but did not see this same application available for mac (or android).  Somehow I came across view and it showed mac compatability.  I could be entirely off base with what I am even trying to do!

So here's the deal.  Have a server running ESXi 4.0.0 (I believe there is a 5 version out there, but that is a topic for a later time).  I downloaded the Vsphere app on windows machines and connects fine (although mentions about certificate not being correct but from what I can tell it's because I'm connecting via a LAN IP rather then a WAN IP which is what the certificate was issued for.

I want to be able to connect in the same way from a Mac and an Android phone.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, got it.

VMware View Client is not to connect to any virtual machine running on vSphere/ESXi, the main purpouse it to remote a Windows Desktop using a View Connection broker, this kind of solution is called VDI.

What you want it probably this:

http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/server/vsphere/ipadclient

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
tyork820
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but this looks like for the iOS system.  I need something for Mac OSX or Android OS.  I still can't seem to find either.

0 Kudos