VMware Horizon Community
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VMware View Client for iPad 1.5 Now Available!

I am pleased to annouce the release of the VMware View Client for iPad 1.5!

See below for list of new and improved features.

What's New in View Client 1.5

- Support for the new iPad

- Updated look and feel

- Up to 2X better video playback performance

- Optimized for VMware View 5.1

- RADIUS two factor authentication with VMware View 5.1

- Save password option if administrator enables new VMware View 5.1 policy

- French, German, Spanish keyboard support with VMware View 5.1

- Direct Korean language input support with VMware View 5.1

- Touch in text fields brings up keyboard with VMware View 5.1

- Extended software keyboard keys no longer cover Start menu and task bar with external keyboards

- Bug fixes

It is available in the App Store now at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vmware-view-for-ipad/id417993697?mt=8

Enjoy!

Pat

--

Pat Lee

Director, End User Clients

VMware

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LenBoyer98
Contributor
Contributor

Very nice update,  can you share if there are any plans to incorporate the iPad microphone or external mic in future releases for VoIP support?

Thank you and have an Awesome day!

LenB

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

View does not support Audio In today as a feature overall.

For VoIP, our recommendation is to use native clients on the mobile devices to access your VoIP services as hairpinning a VoIP client on VDI is very, very costly. On desktop clients, we have Media Engine integration APIs that allow partners like Avaya, Cisco, Mitel, to put the media engine locally on the client, but the UI for the VoIP client is done inside the VM. This multitiered approach does not work as well on mobile, so we recommend you use the mobile device VoIP client.

What VoIP are you trying to use?

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a problem where I cannot toggle the 'Presentation Mode' switch within the settings, it is 'ON' all the time.  Everything else works as it should, and I've tried deleting the app altogether and reinstalling with no change.  Am I missing something?

My only other request is for 720p as a resolution option - this would be great for using a hotel TV set as a monitor via the HDMI dongle.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
fissm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Simon,

To turn off Presentation Mode, select a Display Resolution other than 'Auto - Fit', then the option won't be greyed out. Once the desired Presentation Mode has been selected, you can go back to 'Auto - Fit'.

0 Kudos