VMware Horizon Community
tlduong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View Client Menu Bar

Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the menu bar that sits on the top of the screen (hide it and don't let the user access it) during a view session? I'm trying to put together POC for some kiosk stations and I don't want the users to see the extra options at the top. Also,would it be possible to automagically forward USB connections to the virtual machine without having to click on the "Connect USB Device" menu item?

Thanks,

Tuan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On your View server got to c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\Extras\GroupPolicyFiles (if you installed to the default path) and there will be a number of ADM templates. The one that has the setting you are looking for is the vdm_client.adm file. By using domain GPO or local policy you can load this tempate and tweak the client. One option will allow you to disable the shade (top menu).

Page 10-11 of the View XP Deployment guide touches on the subject.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/resources/vmware-view-xp-deployment-guide.pdf

0 Kudos
duonglt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I got the shade disabled but I'm not sure as to how to automatically forward USB devices. Anyone have any ideas?

VMware ESX 3.x and ESXi Scripts & Resources:

VMware ESX 3.x and ESXi Scripts & Resources: http://www.engr.ucsb.edu/~duonglt/vmware
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

It is not currently possible to automatically forward USB devices with the Windows View client.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Hehn
Contributor
Contributor

This is  the policy:

Sorry, only know the german terms.

Benutzerkonfig.--> Richtlinien --> Administr. Vorlagen --> Klassische adm. Vorlagen
--> VMware View Client Configuration -->
"Enable the shade"

- Deaktivate to disable the menubar.

0 Kudos