VMware Horizon Community
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware View Client Logo/Skin

We have done this with other products before, but curious if we can change the VMware Horizon View Client skin to something more proprietary to our company, such as our logo or by putting out company name in there.  We'd also like to do it on the Teradici Zero Clients if at all possible.

Anyone done this?  I looked at the local "skins" folder under Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client, but those are old skins (not sure why they're even there).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lfgomez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm not sure if  you even should do this, but I was able to accomplish this on the VMware View client a while back.  I found this out by accident when I was "playing."  Within the install there is a dll named wswc_en_us_409, it can be found in C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin.  You'll need an application that will be able to open the dll, I believe I used Microsoft Visual Studio.  Within there is a bitmap (I think it was a bitmap) of the VMware View logo that appears on the View client.  If you create a bitmap with the same dimensions you should be able to replace it.  This worked on the older versions of View, I have no idea if this will work on the latest version.

This is accomplished a lot easier on the Teradici Zero Clients.  Within the profile on the management console, there is a parameter named Profile OSD Logo which will allow you to upload an image.  You'll have to set the Use OSD Logo for Login Banner parameter to true.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lfgomez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm not sure if  you even should do this, but I was able to accomplish this on the VMware View client a while back.  I found this out by accident when I was "playing."  Within the install there is a dll named wswc_en_us_409, it can be found in C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin.  You'll need an application that will be able to open the dll, I believe I used Microsoft Visual Studio.  Within there is a bitmap (I think it was a bitmap) of the VMware View logo that appears on the View client.  If you create a bitmap with the same dimensions you should be able to replace it.  This worked on the older versions of View, I have no idea if this will work on the latest version.

This is accomplished a lot easier on the Teradici Zero Clients.  Within the profile on the management console, there is a parameter named Profile OSD Logo which will allow you to upload an image.  You'll have to set the Use OSD Logo for Login Banner parameter to true.

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AWESOME POST!!!

You've solved it completely. Thanks, bud!!

0 Kudos