VMware Horizon Community
glanzmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View Client: Howto specify username and password for proxy or use kerberos (ntlm) authentication

Hello,

I currently have a problem accessing a vSphere View Desktop via an ISA Proxy that has ntlm authentication enabled. I also have the problem to connect to a farm that uses a basic authentication with squid. The vSphere View Client seems to use the proxy settings of Internet Explorer but tries to use the proxy server without authenticating itself. At least this is what the squid log files show me:

1270820138.959 0 1.2.3.4 TCP_DENIED/407 1874 CONNECT vm-07.anonimized.net:443 - NONE/- text/html

A request containing a username looks like that:

1270821467.149 97 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/000 1965 CONNECT moodle.anonimized.net:443 username DEFAULT_PARENT/1.2.3.4 -

I wonder if this is a known bug and if there is a way to use VMware View Client through an ISA Proxy with NTLM and without direct internet connection (no direct ip connection between client and portal)? Or if it is only possible to VMware View Client with proxys without authentication or a directly routed network connection?

Thomas

0 Kudos
0 Replies