VMware Horizon Community
gbenoist
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View Client 4.5 Unstable ?

Hi all,

It's now the 2nd time it happens to me within 2 weeks, the view client (v4.5) crashes and becomes completely unusable.

Even if I uninstall, clean the computer (using the vmware cleaner) and reinstall, the client is still ''not responding'' when trying to connect to the connection server. I have to kill the process (wswc.exe) to stop it.

Of course the Connection server is working, other view clients are able to connect to it. I'm using the x86 release (build 293049) with an x86 windows 7 Pro.

Host O.S. is fresh & updated, only vSphere Client 4.1, view client and MS office 2010 Pro are installed, so there can't be any conflicting third party app.

So far, the only way I've found to fix the issue is to FORMAT the computer to reinstall Win7...Which isn't very convenient...

If you've got any other suitable solution, i'm all ears !

Regards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Poort443
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using either Internet Explorer 9 (beta) or Windows 7 SP1 (beta)? Both will break de View Client.

-Poort.

gbenoist
Contributor
Contributor

Just found your post earlier today...

I had IE9 installed and it broke my view client. Just removed it and everything is working fine now. Pretty sure they will fix this before the final release (unless it's a plan to force you to migrate to Hyper-V !)

Anyway, thanks.

0 Kudos
polanskyr
Contributor
Contributor

I installed the latest patches from Microsoft, not IE9 and not Windows 7 SP1. Just the ones that were advertised this week as "important". And now the View Client hangs when connecting to usvdiec.emc.com. Is this the same problem? Is there a workaround? I'd rather get a patch to VMware View than uninstall patches to Windows 7. Any help here? Others with this problem?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look at this post:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/302164

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos